JUNE 1 - JUNE 30
Enter to win our June pawmotion
THURSDAY, JULY 1 - FRIDAY, JULY 2
Celebrate the 4th of July early!Red, White & Blue Sale 20%
off any items that are red, white & blue, plus
FREE burger dog treat with any purchase
SATURDAY, JULY 3 & SUNDAY, JULY 4
TBOM will be closed
Have a safe & yappy 4th of July Holiday!
TUESDAY, JULY 6 - SATURDAY, JULY 10
Walk & Wagg SpecialBuy any collar and get a leash at 40% off.
Get walking! (Does not include Collier Leeds.)
SATURDAY, JULY 17
Pints for PupsDetails atwww.berkshumane.org
TUESDAY, JULY 20 - SATURDAY, JULY 24
Celebrate Georgie's Birthday...
Take 25% off any one (in stock) item with this ad
(Not good on gift cards.)
SUNDAY, JULY 25
Georgie's (our co-founder) 6th Birthday!
SATURDAY, JULY 31
KCP invites you toMuscle on Main Cars, food, music & fun!
Visit www.kutztownpa.org for details.
TBOM will be open• 10 am - 9 pm •
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Beware of two types of mulch that can be harmful to your pet. Cocoa mulch, produced as a byproduct of the food industry, has become increasingly popular with home gardeners for its sweet scent and fine-textured appearance. Unfortunately, it contains the same toxic compounds found in processed chocolate and can be deadly if ingested by your dog. Coconut husks have also become a popular mulch option. Green enthusiasts are quick to spread the coconut-husk mulch - known for its ability to soak up and retain many times its weight in water - around thirsty plants. However, it will quickly swell in the digestive tract of any dog that consumes it and potentially cause blockage of the intestines. (Information from - Dogscaping: Creating the Perfect Backyard and Garden for You and Your Dog by Thomas Barthel)
Other natural alternatives to cocoa mulch, like cedar chips and pine straw, are typically less toxic but still may contain resins and oils that trigger gastrointestinal disorders in pets that ingest them. And all mulches, including those made from recycled plastics, pose a choking hazard, especially in pooches with less than discriminating palates. If you suspect your dog has eaten cocoa mulch or any other toxic substance, immediately contact your veterinarian or the ASPCA's Animal Poison Control Center at 888-426-4435. The center, open 24/7 every day of the year, charges per consultation apply.